- 11/7/17 - Homework club with NJHS members until 3:00 pm.
- 11/8/17 - Lego club for students in grades K-2 with NJHS members and Mrs. Tancredi until 2:45pm. There is a $5 fee for this club.
- 11/10/17 - Field trip to Connecticut Science Center, spelling test, religion test.
- 11/11/17 - Pasta dinner at St. Christopher School at 5:00pm.
A Peak into our Week...
Superkids: This week in Superkids, we'll be learning about structural analysis and spelling for the following rules: adding
-ing and -ed to endings. In Reading groups, we'll focus on reading with fluency with the story "The Big, Bad Blob." In Writer's Workshop, we'll be learning how to decribe an object using parts, colors, shapes, and size.
Math: This week in math, we'll be finishing up unit 2 on addition facts to 12. Your child will be assessed on Monday, November 13th.
Religion: This week in religion, we'll be learning about how Jesus died and rose to new life. We'll be discussing the following:
- How Jesus told his followers that he loved and cared for them.
- How Jesus was a good teacher.
- How Jesus' followers knew all about shepherds.
Science: This week in science, we'll be wrapping up our butterfly/pollination unit. Over the course of the last two weeks, your child learned all about Agricultural Engineers. They discovered the different types of systems involved in a plant, created their very own hand pollinators, and eventually transferred pollen from flower to flower. Check out our pictures from the experiment!