A Mexican Tradition Celebrated at St. Christopher School!
To celebrate, people go door to door, knocking on doors, pretending to search for a place where Joseph and Mary can stay. They carry lanterns and sing songs, somewhat like caroling. They also carry an entire, and typically large, nativity scene.
When they reach the spot where the nativity scene will "spend the night", they have a big feast. They do this for nine nights.
This holiday is a wonderful reminder of the spirit of Christmas. (Retrieved from http://holidays.mrdonn.org/lasposadas.html)
- 12/12/19 - Hearts & Hands Collection Due
- 12/14/16 - Early Dismissal at 11:30
- 12/15/16 - Christmas Concert. Concert begins at 6:30 pm. I will be in the classroom for supervision beginning at 6:15 pm.
- 12/22/16 - Early Dismissal at 11:30
- 12/23/16 - 1/2/16 - Christmas Break, No School