Upcoming Tests & Reminders:
- 5/9/17 - Spring Ahead Night beginning at 5:30 and Sping Concert beginning at 6:30
- 5/12/17 - Spelling and Religion Test
- 5/29/17 - No School in observance of Memorial Day!
Superkids: This week in Superkids, we will practice decoding and encoding er, ir, and ur word families. In reading groups, we will read the story "Sal and the Fire Department." We will discuss spanish words that have the same definition in English. In writer's workshop. we will continue narrative writing. More specifically, we will work on how to end a problem-and-solution story.
Math: This week in math, we will continue our geometry unit. Our focus this week will be flipping and sliding different shapes.
Religion: This week in religion, we will discuss how we celebrate the mass. Here are some of the topics we will talk about - what are some ways we welcome people? How can we worshop God together and spread the light of the world?
Child Lures Program: This week, I will begin teaching the Child Lures Program. We will discuss the following topics throughout the week:
- Using our "built-in computers"
- People are like the weather
- Child luring
- Laws help protect me
- Listening to our instincts
- What is a "stranger?"
- My dignity