Spelling Words: bunch, lunch, inch, pinch, ranch, branch, chip, chop, chick, check
- 9/24/18 - If you would like to volunteer in the school or go on field trips, you must be Virtus trained. There will be a training this evening at St. Christopher from 6-9pm.
- 9/27/18 - Lyman Pies fundraiser begins
- 9/28/18 - Yankee Candle fundraiser ends, spelling test, religion test, math test
- 10/3/18 - No school - faculty conference
- 10/8/18 - No school - Columbus Day
- 10/9/18 - 9am school mass
- 10/10/18 - Early dismissal at 11:30am
- 10/11/18 - School pictures! Smile big!
- 10/12/18 - Lyman Pie fundraiser ends
This week in Superkids, we will learn...
Phonemic Awareness and Phonics:
- Identify inital and final /ch/
- Associate ch with /ch/
- Decode /ch/ words
- Read a decodable story with /ch/ words
- Recognize ch spelling patterns
- Encode ch words
Fluency & Comprehension:
- Develop fluent reading with repeated readings of a story
- Observe punctuation while reading
- Read and discuss grade-level literary text
- Recognize plot: problem and solution
- Retell key details
- Understand and use the following vocabulary words: communicate, powerful, balance, trunk, stretch, unstuck, chest.
- Write a list of events
- Select a topic for a personal narrative
- Draw and write about something you did
- Edit sentences for capitalization and end marks
This week in math, we will...
- Look at ordinals 1 - 10 (for positioning)
- Ordinals from top to bottom
- Problem solve using various strategies
This week in religion, we will...
- Understand how Jesus grew up in a Family
- Discuss how God chose Mary to be the Mother of his Son